The Reading Strategies Book
Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Readers
Authors : Jennifer Serravallo
With hit books that support strategic reading through conferring, small groups, and assessment, Jen Serravallo gets emails almost daily asking, "Isn't there a book of the strategies themselves?" Now there is.
"Strategies make the often invisible work of reading actionable and visible," Jen writes. In The Reading Strategies Book, she collects 300 strategies to share with readers in support of thirteen goals-everything from fluency to literary analysis. Each strategy is cross-linked to skills, genres, and Fountas & Pinnell reading levels to give you just-right teaching, just in time. With Jen's help you'll:
- develop goals for every reader
- give students step-by-step strategies for skilled reading
- guide readers with prompts aligned to the strategies
- adjust instruction to meet individual needs with Jen's Teaching Tips
- craft demonstrations and explanations with her Lesson Language
- learn more with Hat Tips to the work of influential teacher-authors.